1 2 3

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Updating on how we are doing

Okay to start with My husband is doing great. He hasn't lost any weight (since the initial 5 lbs) but his glucose is staying well under 140 and has gotten as far down as 96. He is feeling great. No more night sweats. His feet aren't hurting nearly as much. He feels better and can think better as well. He is in the process of lowering his medications (without dr's approval). He is down to 40 units of Lantus a day and is still staying in the same range. He also dropped 1 of the metformin pills a day. So I think that is pretty good.

For me.... On the other hand.... I am bouncing again. I'll shoot up to 170's and then drop back down to 130. I haven't been below 100 in a while. Kinda frustrating. I feel like I have the flu all the time. I had a test and don't have it but I feel that way. My joints hurt (I hit one shoulder last August and it still hurts), I hit the other shoulder on Thanksgiving and the pain is still there. My knees are a bit achy because of the cold moving throught (I have OA in both knees). I will be asking my dr about going off the Cholesterol Meds when I go next month. My numbers have been very good and I have lost some weight so I think it's time for a trial.
I am going back to the Gasto on Thursday to talk about surgery on my bile duct. I am having alot of pain from that still. The meds don't work non-stop.

For insurance.... That's going to the dogs! Litterally. We will be paying the first 5000.00 per year before we are covered (that includes medications). They want people to second guess going to the dr. Well I won't change what I know we need to do. I will make sure I get the medications we need even if I have to put them on a credit card!

We had a nice Thanksgiving. Our oldest son come down and spent a couple days here. All in all the food was pretty close to being what we noramally eat. Just a few deserts that were not in the norm but hey it's once a year and for one day we gorged on turkey! lol. Pretty low carb huh! I made a full smoked turkey and then I made a turkey breast in the slow cooker. The smoked turkey we bought that way (we buy one every year). The slow cooker I just poured chicken stock and some seasonings and let them go. The meat was so tender it fell off the bones. We had sweet potatoes. I made instant for those that wouldn't eat the sweet potatoes. Green beans (not in a casserole), whole wheat bread stuffing and cranberry sauce. So all in all not bad. I bought diet soda's for the drinks. Not to many in my family will drink them so I have alot of them still here.
Well I think that's about it.....
Take care
Donna in SC

Posted by: "sdbmshad"

No comments:

Post a Comment