1 2 3

Monday, December 7, 2009

things

Here on the West coast, men will put their hats on the table only if they remember to take them off. They usually wear baseball caps around here and they never come up.

Probably is rude to blow your nose at the table if you honk when you blow Even ruder is joining a group of people for dinner if you have a really nasty head cold and *need* to blow, sneeze or cough a lot.

Around here, most of the time the counters in the bathroom are so wet there's no place to test without first wiping them down. People are such slobs - they just don't clean up after themselves in the public restrooms - paper towels and toilet seat covers all over the floor, wet counters, drippy soap containers.... Now *that's* rude to not pick up after yourself! (It's worse during the height of the lunch or dinner hour because the staff are too busy seating and serving to clean up the bathrooms).

There are times I'm tempted to write on the mirrors "Your mother doesn't live here - clean up after yourself!"

Since I don't see well in the dark, it's hard for me to test in the car at night (even the dome light isn't much help), but I have done that - I just avoid doing it in the car, esp since things tend to slide off my lap.

So I test at the table or even in the waiting area. No one has *ever* complained or even looked away and because I don't make a big show of it. I just find a flat surface to put my meter and go for it.

Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment