1 2 3

Friday, December 4, 2009

Dexcom Acetaminophen&School Health Insurance

I've read that Tylenol affects the accuracy of Dexcom readings. Can someone
tell me how the readings are affected? Do the readings run higher than the
actual levels, are the readings unpredictable, or what? I'm in the process
of switching to Dexcom, and I'm bothered by the fact that I might not be
able to trust readings when I'm very sick and would need them most.

I'm expecting to be entering a fulltime nursing program starting this summer and am nervous about health coverage and cost. My options are to go on COBRA which will run me about $450 per month or go on the school's health coverage. I've only checked one school's health insurance and from what I gather, it has high copayments, but no monthly fee so I'm thinking it all works out. What has been anyone else's experience with pump/CGMS coverage and other needs as a diabetic going to school under their insurance plan?

Recommend staying with COBRA (and adding this monthly expense to my loan) or getting on the school's plan?

Thanks!

Kiwi
dx'd 1983
pumping since 2002
CGMS Minimed since 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment