1 2 3

Thursday, December 31, 2009

[diabetes] Digest Number 9130

Messages In This Digest (4 Messages)

1a.
Januvia Question From: PURPLEROSEJMK@AOL.COM
2.1.
Introduction From: la7de@aol.com
3a.
Re: Just joined from Wisconsin and frustraited From: Anne R
3b.
Re: Just joined from Wisconsin and frustraited From: Clare

Messages

1a.

Januvia Question

Posted by: "PURPLEROSEJMK@AOL.COM" PURPLEROSEJMK@AOL.COM   purplerosedys

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:25 am (PST)



Season's Greetings Everyone!

I have a question about Januvia. My doctor has allowed me to go off the
medicine now that I am able to eat my normal foods after oral surgery. I
must admit I was hesitant but, I stopped taking it about a week ago. I also
started testing a few more times a day to be sure all is well. Does anyone
know if Januvia lingers in your system after you stop taking it? My bg
readings are running normal and even a little better. A good example is when
I test two hours after a meal. I am ranging between 75 and 90. While on
Januvia I ranged 80 to 98. I'm just not sure if the medicine is still
lingering in my system or that I am really doing that well on my own. To be
honest, I was scared to go off of it. I've been on Januvia, 100 mg's per day
since the end of October 2008. I'm going to continue monitoring more
often than I used to. Has anyone else gone through this?

Thank you in advance for any and all input. Also, I would like to wish
all of you a Happy New Year! May it bring all of you better health and all
that is good.

Jan in Illinois

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

2.1.

Introduction

Posted by: "la7de@aol.com" la7de@aol.com   la7de

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:18 am (PST)



Hi All,
I just wanted to introduce myself, as I have been lurking for a month or
so. I came from another diabetes group that was way too negative.

I have had diabetes type 2 since September 09. My glucose was 328 and my
A1C was 10.8 upon diagnosis. My vision was all messed up, I felt like crap
and had constant yeast infections. I've changed my eating to a low carb
plan, started walking every day, and lost 40 lbs so far. My sugar is never
over 130 and I feel great. I am on 2000 mg of Metformin. They tried me on
Humalog 75/25 for about a month but I felt terrible on it so they switched
me back to Metformin. Much better for me. I go next month for new blood
tests and can't wait to see the change.

I do have a question though. My blood tests are supposed to be fasting
tests. When I awake in the morning my sugar is climbing due to the Dawn
Phenomenon and I have to eat immediately to bring it down. I hate the thought
of not eating right away in order to get my blood tests, what do ya'll do?
Just let the sugar rise before the tests and eat right afterwards?

Lauren, 54, Type 2, Florida


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

3a.

Re: Just joined from Wisconsin and frustraited

Posted by: "Anne R" aemr911@gmail.com   aemr911

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:22 am (PST)



Hi!

Where in Wisconsin do you live? My hubby is from Altoona, by Eau Claire
and I used to live there as a child... Cedarburg (outside of Milwaukee),
Hudson, and then in Rice Lake & Eau Claire as a full time paramedic in Rice
Lake and BSN nursing student at UW-Eau Claire.

Oh by the way, I am Anne (40). Welcome to the group!!!

I am sort of new to diabetes... was gestational with my daughter 6 years
ago, and pre-diabetic after that for at least 2 years, wasn't truly
diagnosed as type 2 until November of this year, but pretty sure I converted
to full out diabetic some time this summer.
I am currently on Metformin 1000mg twice a day, Glimipride 2mg twice a day,
and 45u NPH every morning while on steroids (which I swear I will be on
until the day I die at this point).
I understand the frustration completely. And know some things about losing
people that are an essential part of your everyday world. Luckily I still
have my parents, but have lost both of my Gramma's on or at the holidays so
that makes the holidays really hard too. I can't imagine losing my parents
and don't even want to think about it. My heart goes out to you!!

I am married to a great guy named Terry (who just got out of the hospital
due to pneumonia today... he has a big heart defect which has required 3
major surgeries so far... age 2, 13, and 33. So doesn't tolerate high temps
and such well at home... before I drag him kicking and screaming to the
hospital for treatment... he is so happy to have a paramedic for a wife...
NOT!) We are the proud parents to 1 little Miracle Girl named Montanna who
is 6 and in the 1st grade here in Shoreview, MN.

I too am on disability due to my health. I have horrendous life threatening
allergies, asthma, and reactive airway which gets me lots of 911 ambulance
rides, ER visits, and hospital admissions. Montanna is very versed at
calling 911 and telling them her Mommy needs the ambulance because her
allergies are going off and she can't breathe. She actually called the last
one, even though Daddy said he would drive me to the hospital himself...
there is NO WAY he could have taken me, and told him so as she was
calling. I actually went "Lights, Sirens, and GOD get this patient the
heck out of my ambulance" to the hospital. I was pretty sick and missed out
on being intubated by about 2 minutes. I was put on Bi-Pap instead... beats
intubation and vent everytime!
Gosh didn't mean to write a book. Too many steroids in this last 24 hours
or so has given me "babble at the fingers!"

Again Welcome to the group!!!
Sending Hugs from Minnesota!!!
Love Always,
Anne

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 6:20 PM, faustalynn1 <faustalynn1@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
>
> Hello all-
>
> I just joined the group. thank you for accepting my application.
>
> My Name is Faustalynn, I'm a T-2 diabetic since Sept. 1998. I'm on
> Metformin Er 500mg/2x/day as well as Humalog of a base and scale with meals.
> I'm also on Lantus 18-20 units/night.
>
> My numbers have been up into the 300's this past week because I'm suffering
> from depression because I lost my Mom the end of July this year and Dad in
> Oct. 2008 it's been very hard doing all this without them. I also have not
> been feeling well past couple of days and been sleeping alot. Today is a
> better day and my numbers have dropped a little over 100 points today and am
> in the low 200's right now. I get very frustraited with it all and some days
> feel like giving up. But the thought of my 4 Grandsons-12,7,6 and 3 snap me
> back into reality.
>
> I'm Mom of 1 son and Grandma of 4 boys. I enjoy cooking and baking,
> baseball, car races, jig-saw puzzles and some crafting. I'm thinking about
> starting a new hobby that I have always wanted to do...I never had and
> always wanted a dollhouse. So I think I will check into getting started with
> it. I'm on disability and live in a low income highrise and can't get out
> sometimes and need something to occupy my time and days when the arthritis
> in my back and knees is acting up.
>
> Hope everyone is keeping warm and haveing a great evening.
>
> Faustalynn
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

3b.

Re: Just joined from Wisconsin and frustraited

Posted by: "Clare" BurghRoots@comcast.net   byrdroots

Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:16 pm (PST)



Anne,

I'm sorry you have so many health problems. How can you have dogs with
all your allergies? We had to find new homes for all our pets because
three of our grandsons are allergic and one has asthma.

I hope Terry is feeling a little better.

Ethel

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Sitebuilder

Build a web site

quickly & easily

with Sitebuilder.

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Schizophrenia groups

Find support

Yahoo! Groups

Parenting Zone

Resources and tips

for parents

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
Diabetes homepage:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/diabetes/

To unsubscribe to this group, send an email to: diabetes-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
  Hope you come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment