1 2 3

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Differences between Medtronic and DexCom Technology??

This is just pure curiosity. I changed from Medtronic CGMS to DexCom CGMS recently. I've been told that the Dex works via different technology from that used by the Medtronic system. Does anyone know how the two systems work and what the differences between them are?

Hi, Rosemary -

That is a great question and I am also interested in seeing the answers, as
I am about to try them both. One side-effect of the Dex system I have been
warned about is its interaction with acetaminophen (Tylenol), but they
probably already warned you about that.

I am also curious to find out why you decided to switch. Would you mind
letting me know, either here or directly?

Thank you.

Warm regards,

-jeff toll-free: 1-888-967-3386

Award-Winning Children's Author, Jeff Nathan, presents

CurricuLaughs

Curriculum-tied Language Arts Education through HUMOR

"... by far, the best set of presentations I have seen in our school system
."

Dr. Marc Kerble Assistant Superintendent Winchester Schools
Winchester, MA

". a student said it best. "You Rock!" From the mouth of babes, Jeff you
were sensational. Thank you ever so much!"

I'm also interested in the differences in how both systems work. I have
used the Minimed CGMS for a couple of years with pretty good results until
recently. By switching to Dexcom, I'm hoping that I can again obtain
reliable readings. Since others are not experiencing the discrepancies I'm
now getting with Minimed, I'm starting to believe the negative changes could
be related to my body's reactions to Minimeds sensor agents. Hopefully,
Dexcom will work differently and give me some reliable results for another
couple of years. Who knows? I might have to switch technologies every
couple of years to keep my body from getting too used to the chemicals or
whatever. I guess that's just the nature of these autoimmune diseases like
Type 1. I've recently had to switch from Novolog to Humalog for similar
reasons (my body started reacting to the Novolog, resulting in lipoatrophy).

nmLisa

No comments:

Post a Comment