1 2 3

Friday, December 4, 2009

Newbie

I have been on a low dosage of Prednisone since September and now have diabetes. My doctors knew this would happen but, I have to take it for the inflammation in my lungs.

I have Interstitial Pulmonary Fibrosis (March 2005). I have only 29% capacity of my left lung and zero capacity of my right lung. My right lung does not function. I should be on a lung transplant list. But because I also have HIV/Aids, I would not be accepted. I have had HIV since November 1985 and AIDS since December 1987.

I'm on so many meds that I need to be careful as to what other meds I take. Any steroid will compromise my immune system. That's why we were hesitant in my taking the Prednisone.

The main reason for taking the Prednisone is to make me comfortable with my breathing. The constant cough has subsided considerably. Even though the Prednisone may cause a lot of problems, I'm glad I can now breathe more easily.

I went to my PCP the other day, and my hemoglobin was 5.5, so I don't need to take insulin yet.

My sugar level goes from 95 to 200, so I need to be more aware of my food intake. I find this very difficult to do.

So far I've been lucky. Thanks for listening!
Posted by: "johnj6992"

No comments:

Post a Comment