1 2 3

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

[diabetescgms] Digest Number 1758

Messages In This Digest (4 Messages)

1a.
Weak Signal/Loss Sensor From: tm_pearson
1b.
Re: Weak Signal/Loss Sensor From: Elizabeth Blake
1c.
Happy Holidays and A Happy New Year From: Cathy Balbir
1d.
Happy Holidays and A Happy New Year From: Cathy Balbir

Messages

1a.

Weak Signal/Loss Sensor

Posted by: "tm_pearson" Todd_Pearson@pacbell.net   tm_pearson

Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:34 pm (PST)



So, I just recently got my MM722 w/CGMS. My first sensor turned out to be a BAD SENSOR and had MM replace it, but while I had that sensor in, I got about 2-3 days later a Weak Signal and then Loss the sensor. I restarted and it picked it back up.

Well, I'm on my second sensor and got a Weak Signal, then loss the sensor. Could not get it to come back for NOTHING. Transmitter was fully charged to before putting in second sensor. Pulled the transmitter and tested it with the test plug and got NO Green Light at all. Put it back on the charger and it ONLY charged for like 10 mins before it said it was fully charged. So, I turned the sensor off on the pump and cleared everything out. Pull my transmitter and of course got my blinking lights. Waited 1 minute and connected to my sensor and got my blinking green light. So, now I'm waiting 2 hours to check BG with Meter. My pump is showing that it is communicating with the transmitter/sensor right now.

My pump and tranmitter are withing like 2" of each other as I wear my pump on my belt and my sensor is in my side right next to the pump. So, my question is this....if they are so CLOSE to each other WHY did I get a Weak Signal and then lose the signal completely? Seems like to me a faulty transmitter, but when I called MM 24hr hotline, I got someone who was a total idiot and keep making me do things twice that he already asked me to do above. I finally hung up on him and decided to asked the group here, because this is where the REAL GOOD tech support is. So, can anyone answer the above for me. Am I missing something or do I just think I got a LEMON transmitter?

Thanks and Happy Holidays to ALL.....!

1b.

Re: Weak Signal/Loss Sensor

Posted by: "Elizabeth Blake" poodlebone@yahoo.com   poodlebone

Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:34 pm (PST)



----- Original Message ----

> From: tm_pearson <Todd_Pearson@pacbell.net>

> My pump and tranmitter are withing like 2" of each other as I wear my pump on my
> belt and my sensor is in my side right next to the pump. So, my question is
> this....if they are so CLOSE to each other WHY did I get a Weak Signal and then
> lose the signal completely? Seems like to me a faulty transmitter, but when I
> called MM 24hr hotline, I got someone who was a total idiot and keep making me
> do things twice that he already asked me to do above. I finally hung up on him
> and decided to asked the group here, because this is where the REAL GOOD tech
> support is. So, can anyone answer the above for me. Am I missing something or do
> I just think I got a LEMON transmitter?

Have you been checking the isig? You can also get Weak Signal and Lost Sensor/Bad Sensor alarms if the sensor isn't wet enough. This can be due to not having enough time to sit in the interstitial fluid before you try to calibrate, the sensor wasn't inserted at a deep enough angle or it's just not in a good place. Any of those will result in a low isign and lots of alarms. The first thing to try is to just let the sensor sit and get good & wet before turning it on to calibrate.

Was everything taped securely? You don't want the sensor to be able to move or pull out of your skin even a tiny bit, as that will also mess it up.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987
Minimed 722 + CGMS

1c.

Happy Holidays and A Happy New Year

Posted by: "Cathy Balbir" cathybk01@yahoo.com   cathybk01

Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:49 pm (PST)



 Happy Holidays and A Happy New Year
 
 Simple Poem – Don't Drink and Drive
 Some things to Remember Always!
 Life is a Onetime Gift from God My Story to Tell
 http://www.bukisa.com/articles/216653_some-things-to-remember-always
 
 Travel Tips on Airfares and Airlines
 Travel Information on Transit Visa
 Type of Airline Travel Ticket
 Airline Baggage Allowance and Baggage Rights
 
 More Poems, Travel Advice, Natural Food Health Articles
 http://www.apanaspecial.com/Alternate_Medicine_Health_Benefits.htm
 
 Cathy Balbir
1d.

Happy Holidays and A Happy New Year

Posted by: "Cathy Balbir" cathybk01@yahoo.com   cathybk01

Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:58 pm (PST)



 Happy Holidays and A Happy New Year
 
 Simple Poem – Don't Drink and Drive
 Some things to Remember Always!
 Life is a Onetime Gift from God My Story to Tell
 http://www.bukisa.com/articles/216653_some-things-to-remember-always
 
 Travel Tips on Airfares and Airlines
 Travel Information on Transit Visa
 Type of Airline Travel Ticket
 Airline Baggage Allowance and Baggage Rights
 
 More Poems, Travel Advice, Natural Food Health Articles
 http://www.apanaspecial.com/Alternate_Medicine_Health_Benefits.htm
 
 Cathy Balbir
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Small Business Group

A community for

small business owners

Yahoo! Groups

Cat Group

Join a group for

people who love cats

Hollywood kids

in the spotlight

Their moms

share secrets

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web

No comments:

Post a Comment