1 2 3

Sunday, December 6, 2009

talk about chiropractic

I dunno. I think for muscle-based pain and some spinal pain, they're worth their weight in gold. My problem with chiro is that they seem to each have different philosophies of chiropractic, based on where they went to school.

One I went to used an odd snapping tool that he held against me here and there and popped the thing against me in a big snap-- nice man, useless therapy.

One bragged about never snapping necks and spines, etc, just used a combo of relaxation therapy, massage, and very light manipulation. Nice man, useless therapy.

A third, I feel, saved my life when I had a bout of sciatica pain once and was about ready to LOSE IT (caps on purpose)-- a friend referred me to him. He does snap necks and spines when he feels it's needed, but during those first and second appointments, he used his intuitive hands and immediately located the source of my pain in my left hip-- within two appts, he had me pain free, and that's after two weeks of suffering and semi-sleepless nights.

So as I said, it depends. I don't think it's fair to the chiros to just dismiss them and how they practice with a wide swath.

Judy D.

I did say some chiros are gifted at massage, and may be able to help some folks. That neck snapping is the dangerous business that has been linked to aortic dissection.

As to philosophy, it is utter nonsense. The notion that all disease is attributable to misalignment of the neck or back is just plain nuts. Depending on what school they went to and whether they are rational, the fact remains the basis of chiropractic is bs. It is an embarrassment that the Chiros had a good enuff lobby to get the government and the insurance companies to cover their services. Just one of many reasons health care costs have soared.

Posted by: "AnaLog Services, Inc."

No comments:

Post a Comment