1 2 3

Thursday, December 24, 2009

[diabetes] Digest Number 9124

Messages In This Digest (1 Message)

1a.
Re: Anne's Intro 12/19/09 From: ANNE RASMUSSEN

Message

1a.

Re: Anne's Intro 12/19/09

Posted by: "ANNE RASMUSSEN" aemr911@msn.com   aemr911

Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:45 am (PST)




At this point, with all the problems I have had with my breathing, allergies, asthma, and reactive airway I am not brave enough to try another artifical sweetener, and may never be willing to try again either. The last reaction was to splenda & acesulfame K+ I think, I am trying to spell the 2nd one from memory. But I took 1 sip of this Fuze fruit drink and the paramedics had to be called within 5 minutes I think, and that was with Epinephrine immediately on board & oxygen running at full kilter at the time.

I don't mind seeing the medics because they are some of the medics that trained me many years ago when I was going to paramedic school, but I would much rather it be a social call NOT an emergency call. And that night we saw EVERYONE and their brother because I was so sick. Apple Valley PD, Apple Valley Fire, ALF-Allina Paramedics... it was quite the little emergency light zoo down my Mom's little tiny street.

I am glad that stevia works for some, I am just not brave enough to try it at this point.

Anne


To: diabetes@yahoogroups.com
From: shy2bimbette@yahoo.com
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 10:39:46 -0800
Subject: Re: [diabetes] Re:Anne's Intro 12/19/09

I've been on here for a couple of weeks reading, trying to get the idea of things. I'm here to understand what my honey goes through. He was diagnosed this year with type 2.

Been living an organic lifestyle for a couple of years before moving in with Mark. And stevia has been my sweetner of choice. When I got here, he was "sneaking" (his word), sweets. And then really hurting because of it. In just 2 months, he's switched from sodas to tea and stevia. Love it so much, I sell it.
Valee

________________________________
From: ANNE RASMUSSEN <aemr911@msn.com>
To: diabetes@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, December 22, 2009 12:22:19 AM
Subject: RE: [diabetes] Re:Anne's Intro 12/19/09

Anne, welcome, though I'm sorry you had to be here. I know others will be more helpful with the medical stuff, I wanted to address the sweetener issue. Have you tried Stevia? Not the ones mixed with the AS, just plain. Can you tolerate sugar alcohols, or are they out, as well? Some of the "mixes" contain Stevia and sugar alcohols, but there's one that is stevia and inulin (fiber). I took that idea and began to mix my own. Some people find a taste to Stevia they don't like, but I like it fine <G>. Maybe because it's that, or nothing....

Thanks Marguerite.. ..

I have a lot of the medical stuff down... former paramedic (knowledge gets me in lots of trouble, quite often.. but not giving up my knowledge to make some doctor feel superior to me!!)
At this point I am not trying anymore artificial sweeteners because it is just not worth it. I just account for all the sugar I have and if I am NOT on steroids, I am able to keep my BGs within good numbers most of the time.

I did see the diabetes doctor today, and he gave me what I wanted.... insulin cover for when I am on steroids. Only problem is that I can't start it until tomorrow morning though. And my last BG was 345 I think, about 2 hours after my 2nd dose of prednisone.

I am hoping to head to bed soon, as we have Montanna's Class Christmas party tomorrow and I should probably be awake for that, right??

Love Always,

Anne

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _
Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft.
http://clk.atdmt. com/GBL/go/ 171222986/ direct/01/

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


__________________________________________________________
Hotmail: Free, trusted and rich email service.
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222984/direct/01/

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Biz Resources

Y! Small Business

Articles, tools,

forms, and more.

Weight Management Group

on Yahoo! Groups

Join the challenge

and lose weight.

Cat Zone

on Yahoo! Groups

Join a Group

all about cats.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
Diabetes homepage:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/diabetes/

To unsubscribe to this group, send an email to: diabetes-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
  Hope you come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment