1 2 3

Monday, November 23, 2009

Thankful to be a diabetic

I was diagnosed as a diabetic in 2007 through an awful case of MRSA. At first I was really scared and not sure of my future because there is a lot of fear put into the hearts of diabetics (which needs to stop) there is also a lot of bad and mis-information regarding this disease put forth to the public. Sitting here tonight and thinking about my life's journey over the last three years I've come to the conclusion that I am so very thankful to be a diabetic...

it may sound strange so let me elaborate a bit... the first reason I am thankful to be a diabetic is because through this disease I have been blessed to meet some of the most wonderful and beautiful people on this planet. My Doctor's and care givers have been ever so supportive of me and my life has been made so much richer by knowing them.

I am also thankful to have this opportunity to learn a new way of eating ... one that is much healthier and makes me feel so much more energetic and viable during the day .... lastly I am thankful for being a diabetic because I really don't think they would have found the cancer, nor would I have known to look for the cancer that was diagnosed a year ago.

So through being a diabetic I have been blessed to meet wonderful and caring people, learn more about nutrition and myself for that matter and last but not least, I have my life...I am truly blessed by all of these things and for the first time in three years can honestly say I am thankful to be a diabetic.

Posted by: "zionbutterfly8"

No comments:

Post a Comment