1 2 3

Monday, November 23, 2009

Gastric Bypass...My experience

When I was getting info about gastric bypass some of the things they said about type 2 diabetes was too good to be true. I decided in favor of the surgery and had it on September 21, 2009. I am just about two months out and my blood sugar readings are in the upper part of normal with NO meds. I am truly thankful for this. I know the surgery is not for everyone, but for me it has been a blessing.

I have lost 40 pounds and feel wonderful. My eating habits had to change, but it has not been all that difficult. If you are thinking about it at all, please get all the information and make an informed decision. I have had people tell me they thought it was a cop out and giving up, but I did not and do not see it that way. I have my first official visit with my endocrinologist on Monday and cannot wait to get the results of my a1c.

I know it has only been two months, but I thank God for my surgeon and support staff. I truly believe that without this surgery I would have been dead in five years or less. Vicky Sheets。

I have been turning over and over in my head to get the Lap Band. I don't think gastric bypass is for me BUT I do need to lose some weight. I was taking Byetta and it stopped working, PLUS, it did not do anything from by glucose readings. My A1c went up to 11 so my endocrinologist took me off of it. I lost 40 lbs, but I could still stand to lose some more. I was reading that the Lap Band helps decrease the appetitie and causes slow gastric emptying which keeps the blood glucose level in check. I go in January for an appointment with my endocrinologist and I plan to ask her about it. What do you think of this procedure?

No comments:

Post a Comment