1 2 3

Friday, November 20, 2009

Niacin for lowering Cholesterol

I spoke to my Dr's office yesterday about the advisability of taking Niacin to lower my cholesterol. The nurse said that Niacin doesn't work alone on lowering LDL and total cholesterol, but only raises HDL.

What?
Everything I've read has been counter to this!
She's still trying to talk me into a statin WITH the Niacin.

Either way, my days of taking Niacin may be short lived. I got around the flushing by taking it at night, but I woke up with HUGE blood sugars this morning!

I'm going to give it another go. This morning could be a major fluke. I didn't have much of a protein snack before going to bed last night, but my BG was around 130ish when I went to sleep. Last night was our wedding anniversary and we went for sushi.
SulaBlue

No comments:

Post a Comment