1 2 3

Friday, November 20, 2009

need to check on how much apple to eat

I am now having trouble with constipation. Been having alternating constipation and gloppy stools. Constipation is particularly deadly for diverticulitis.
Everything else I've tried seems to tend to make me more constipated, with the single exception of oat meal.

Nurse back in college said for these sorts of problems she's said an apple a day works wonders. She did not say what size apple. I gather one is supposed to eat a whole apple and not half an apple. Apples were smaller than than now, so I guess that a small apple might be OK.

Someone says that a whole apple (including the part you can't eat) is 13% carbohydrate. Is this true?
It then takes two whole apples and calculates their carbohydrate content based on how much the whole apple weights. They selected a small Gala and a big Rome apple.
\
I went shopping and bought six good sized pink lady apples. I can't stand fresh apples, so I put them through the food processor and pureed them, after removing the parts containing seeds and stems. I left the skins on. I ended up with four cups of pureed apple.

Since I no longer had a whole apple to weigh, I called the store and asked them to weigh an apple. He said one of the pink lady apples weighed .44 pounds, which is 199 g. On line I learned that a pink lady apple weighs 154 g, but these apples were fairly good sized. So a whole pink lady apple from my store at the moment has 26 g of carb?

But a smaller gala apple as weighed in the article contains only 18 grams of carb. So I only need to eat enough apple for 18 grams of carb to eat an apple's worth of apple?
That would come out to just under a half cup of pureed apple per serving. So a half cup of pureed apple is the equivalent of one fairly small apple?

Yours,Dora SmithAustin, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment