1 2 3

Monday, November 23, 2009

Struggling with diabetic

I was diagnosed in 2007 as well due to an infection called MRSA which is scary. It is very difficult to be a diabetic and most people who don't know anything about it don't understand, they think we can and should eat just like everyone else which is so detrimental to us.

There are some really good things that we as diabetics can eat, some of my favorites have been chicken divan which is a VERY simple recepie, baby bell cheese, the soft laughing cow cheese and sargento low fat cheese sticks. Nuts are low carb and a good source of protein but you have to watch the fat intake.

I've started to really enjoy tofu and they do have tofu noodles that you can substitute instead of pasta. I've been known to fry turnips in olive oil like french fries and it is excellent and you can mash boiled cauliflour like potatoes and it's such a treat...I put low cal butter in it with garlic and leeks and it is to die for. I also saw a simple recepie I have not been able to try yet but would be perfect...you take chicken breasts and pound them till they are really thin and season them with salt and pepper...then you place a piece of swiss cheese and a piece of ham on the chicken and wrap the chicken around already cooked asparagus then you hold it together with tooth picks and fry it... I'm going to make it tomorrow for a friend.

There are so many wonderful things you can eat that don't have sugar in them and if you really stick to the diabetic low carb diet ou will find that you will feel so much better not just health wise but also emotionally wise. Another thing I did was get the gastric bypass surgery which has helped even out my bg. It's been a hard recovery but sooooooo worth it. I would consider it and research it.

Don't be ashamed that you are a diabetic. There are a lot of misconceptions in the world about this disease. Weight is a factor but not the underlying cause of diabetes. I had lost 50 pounds 4 months before I was diagnosed and was feeling great. The only reason I found out about this was because of the infection and if I did not get the infection and find out about the diabetes I probably would not be alive today because it ended up leading to a diagnosis of cancer.

Please please please take care of yourself. Do not be ashamed of who you are... manage your disease and don't let the disease manage your life. This will make you a stronger person. It is tough and I know that for a fact but I know that you can do it.

Posted by: "zionbutterfly8"

No comments:

Post a Comment