1 2 3

Friday, November 20, 2009

sugar addiction...ME TOO

I, too, and addicted to sugar. I am terrible at it! I could llive on it ....and it is too easy to get. I can grab a nice brownie easier than I can cook a nice meal. I love my veggies, too, but don't have the energy to cook them. I have literally a dozen other illnesses and I am very sick some of the time; I spend a lot of time bed ridden from my M.S. and M.E. also have other thigns...pain is a part of all of them. but the sugar addiction? I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND.

Diagnosed 2007 and struggling. Haven't been testing for a few weeks and have been overeating sugars and carbs. I'm sure my BGs are through the roof.

What a joke. The one thing I have never been able to control for long-- My lifelong addiction to sweets and carbs... now threatening all my vital organs.

I have been having eye irritation- reading tonight that "dry eye" is a common symptom of diabetics and menopausal women- both me- seems to be a door that can lead to more eye problems. Can't wear my contact lenses , which is unsettling. Seeing an eye doctor on Monday.

I have a family to support. Disability is not going to be a good option. Not that it is for anyone, but my house, my family- lots to lose.
I need to get my act together. I don't consult a nutritionist because with lifelong dieting, I could BE a nutritionist- I know everything they tell me. My problem is this addiction - this horrible addiction - I have such trouble controlling.

I have not confided my diabetes to ANYONE except my husband. ANYONE. It makes me feel like such a failure, though I know that's not the whole story. I am significantly overweight, and I am just ashamed of the diabetes. And afraid.
Posted by: "Roseanne Schoof"

No comments:

Post a Comment