1 2 3

Thursday, November 19, 2009

accu-chekАажо compact plus meter system

i have so many meters it isn't even funny! i have the disk tha I keep with me so when I am out, I am not fumbling for a strip. THAT the isurance will not cover. i paid for it ONCE and it will last me al ong time since I don't use it often. THEN I have the accu-chek...and they are very good at sending me free stuff. I even had a time when the pharmacy sent me home with the wrong strips...to an OLD meter of mine. so I said I would keep them instead of tossing them...and called the accu-chek people and they sent me a NeW (old version) meter since I could not find the old one. and then they senet me free strips since I had purchased the old ones and was stuck with them........and then they turned aroaund and sent me the NEW meter with NEW strips, and the insurance paid for them.

THEN my doctor decided he wanted a NEW one YET because he could plug it into his computer and read all my information..this meter has places for all your information - like a mini computer. but he is going to be surprsied when he finds ONLY the numbers. I can't be filling in all the infomration like was it BEFORE or AFTER a meal and all the other things concerning exercise.

but when he ordered that one, the insurance made me wait before covering it because I already purchased the "new old strips"
gets very complicated! But the drum is wonderful! HOWEVER, it is EXPENSIVE and my insurance will NOT cover it....like the disk, they believe it is lucury. I have arthritis very bad and carpul tunnel and scleroderma hands, etc....and those ddrums and disks are wonderful! i am very clumsy with the old ones.

but I have all the meters now. so when the pharmacy messes up, I am READY! I have a meter that I am able to use and not waste the strips.

but the companies give me free meters all the time. I see them for sale in the stores and they are expensive!!! my mother, me, friends...all get ours FREE just for asking....sometimes just for calling with a QUESTION! lolthey are very generous, but also, they make a BUNCH of money on those strips! and for those of us who test six times a day...well, that is a LOT of strips! lol

anyhow.i am glad you are able to use the drums. does your insurance cover it? I thought of asking doctor to write a letter cncerning my fingers, but I figured, well at least I HAVE fingers, so I better not complain about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment