1 2 3

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

H1N1 Shot

I finally got the H1N1 vaccine last week at work. I was on vacation and the secretary in our department called me and said the hospital had gotten another shipment. About a week earlier, I had words with our employee health department head after missing out on the shot for the second time. The supply would run out as fast as she could post on the email system that it was available. Those who were getting the vaccine were office workers -- not direct patient care workers and/or those with underlying conditions such as asthma, diabetes and heart conditions. So, when she got another shipment, she saved one for me and called our secretary. Other hospitals prioritized their employees.

Those in direct patient care positions got it first followed by those with health conditions. Not our's. With diabetes, asthma and a heart blockage, I would've gotten on anyone's list. I had no problems with the vaccine. At the time, I had hardly any problems with the shot in my
arm but Monday when I returned to work, I found the spot a little tender. I didn't notice it today. I strongly recommend to anyone with any of the underlying conditions to get the shot. A little arm tenderness is nothing compared to the problems you could be putting off for you and your family.
Michelle in West Virginia
Who is looking forward to turkey -- and not the carbs.

Posted by: "Michelle Blum"

No comments:

Post a Comment