1 2 3

Sunday, November 29, 2009

just curious

I've only been using a CGM about 2 weeks so this may be a stupid question but here goes. Today I ran a test on my meter and went to key it into my receiver for extra calibration. The number on the receiver was exactly the same as what I got on my meter. But when I keyed in the number the number on the receiver went up 7 points. Any idea why it would go up and not just stay the same?

A good majority of my tests are pretty close in numbers as to what is showing on the receiver so I am loving this so far. It is definately giving me confidence in trusting the number I see on the machine. Right now my CGM is feeling like a security blanket. I can look at it and see a number and also see if I am going up, down or steady. I think this is great!
Posted by: "anngelia@ymail.com"

This happens because your receiver is averaging your last few
calibrations. The only time that you are guaranteed to see the number
you put in is when you are putting in the first cal for a new sensor
or new sensor start. It seems like you are doing great with your cams
to be getting such a nice match between meter and receiver. Kudos to
you!!!!

Wendy
Mom of Alex---age 6
Integrated MM cgms since 11/08

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment