1 2 3

Friday, November 27, 2009

TALK ABOUT SNACKING

Going back to my WW days: Be very sure you get your 1/2 gallon of water every day and get some kind of exercise. When I remember to drink my water and walk, I find it much easier to stick to my food plan. That and keep a food journal. I tend to forget how many times I've had fruit or bread in a day and end up overeating on it. I don't know if you watch Dr. Oz but he has some great shows on ABC at 12 Eastern time each week day.

There is a new study out that states for us 'foodies" sugar is addictive as heroin to a drug addict. I could have told them that and saved them a bunch of money. Seriously, it triggers some kind of dopamine reaction in our brains. He had a weaning off plan to get off sugar. I'm sure it's on his website. For me it is very important I get lots and lots of green veggies (the kind my educator said I could eat all I want--fill up on them--and make sure I get lots of protein. Protein is more filling.

Fat will do the trick, I guess but I tend to crave more when I eat even healthy fats. I do my best to treat carbs as kind of the icing on the cake instead of making a full snack or a meal of a high carb foods. I know for me, the more carbs I eat the more I want. And when I screw up, I get up and get myself back on track. Remember this isn't a diet to lose weight, (although weight loss helps us a lot). It's a lifelong process to keep us alive with all out hands and feet, off a kidney dialysis machine and
being able to see the beautiful world around us.

Hope, Peace & Joy,
Glenda
When I do what I've always done,
I'll get what I've always gotten.
Posted by: "Glenda"

No comments:

Post a Comment