1 2 3

Monday, November 23, 2009

Pernicious Anaemia and Diabetes

I was on Metformin for very many Years until earlier this Year my body decided to reject it in a way,,, I became a bathroom dweller ugh,,, but my GP took me off of the Metformin and started me on Sitagliptin tablets at one 100mg tablet a day along with Pioglitizone at one a day,, wow the difference when I was able to leave my bathroom dwelling and move back into the rest of my house was amazing and relieving!
Does anyone here suffer from ear infections?I had an ear infection that was bad enough to put me in hospital 2 Years ago, it was chronic, after that even though I am keeping them dry, not sticking anything in them etc and am a very clean person I have just had one ear infection after the other (in both ears) which put my bodys temperature up and make me ill ontop of each other, it has been constant and making me very weary! It took a certain Dr almost 2 Years to notice and confirm that my noisey ear had a burst ear drum and the eustation tubes in both ears are always full to overflowing causing a lot of problems... I do see a Consultant in ENT but I call him Dr no can do because he doesn't ever do anything for my ears, not even gromits for the eustation tubes. The noisey ear has constant ringing in it which I now know is caused by the burst ear drum and it is pretty bad, loud and constant..!If my ENT consultant had to live with this personally it would be a very different story now wouldn't it??

Hi Rita, Pernicious Anaemia just affects B12, I have to have injections ofB12 directly into my muscle, as my body destroys any B12 taken orally. I amnot having any bathroom problems with Metformin, thankfully, but my PA hasreally hit me with a vengeance the last few months, to the point where I amnow barely functioning and signed off work - I have had blood tests, justawaiting the results, but I just happened to notice in the Metformin smallprint that a very rare side effect is that it can deplete B12, so I amwondering if that is what is happening here, and thought I would ask just incase anyone else is lucky enough (haha) to have both of these illnessestogether.
Sorry to hear you are anaemic, I must admit I don't know a lot about it.Didn't know a thing about PA either of course till I was diagnosed - butthen again before I was diagnosed I thought diabetics just had to lay offsugar. Duh.

Posted by: "Edna Martin"

No comments:

Post a Comment