1 2 3

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Metformin?

Hi all! Happy thanksgiving! Was just put on metformin,but I am not
diabetic? My endo knows my strong family history.. My alc was 5.
Something,can't recall off hand,but I reduced my weight by 20lbs and had
started excersising for 1yr prior to this test,so I am guessing I
reversed it on my own. My ? Is has anyone used this as an anti
androgen? And what side effects should I watch for? Although my
glucose #s are ok,I am guessing I have insulin sensitivity,but still
can't figure out/learn all about this! I was just diagnosed with
locah,late onset congenital adrenal hypoplasia, the 3 beta hydroxylase
form,which is the rarest form? My androgens need to come down,and I
am not a candidate for steroids because of my osteoporosis..

I also
can't take bcps,so I am in hormone hell!!!!! Anyone know of using
metformin this way? She is going to add a small dose of spiro
later. Can u take it every other day,rather than daily? To help
insulin receptors? Again,I am not quite diabetic,so this is
confusing! I know since everyone in my family history has type 1 and
2,its a matter of time. Or again,I reversed it in the last yr. R
there people on this to prevent diabetese,even if they r not?? Also
if weightless happens,then does it all come back if u stop the met at
some point?? Like the rebound effect? I've worked hard,and although
its only been 2lbs a month,its better than nothing!! So if I for some
reason,lose lbs on it,then decide to go off,I DON'T WANT TO GAIN back
what took me a year to lose!!!! Please help! This is all so
confusing!! I am 44 and have hashis/graves,and lord knows what
else!!! Deb.
--aliano

No comments:

Post a Comment