1 2 3

Saturday, November 28, 2009

insulin shock, diabetic coma about James Fuller

Hi,

Abou 14 months ago my wife and I went to lunch and while eating I said
something to her. I realized that the words coming out of my mouth were
not what I was trying to say, in fact they made no sense. The noise
level in the restaurant was such that she didn't hear me. A few
minutes later I answered a question OK so I didn't worry abut it. A
couple of hours later while talking to a customer I did the same thing.
That scared me and I thought that I might be having a stroke. I left
the office and drove home. When I got there I told my wife what had
happened. She of course went into orbit. She wanted to drive me to the
emergency room and I assured her that all I needed was a nap. After she
explained that I could go either horizontally or vertically I let her
drive me there. After a few tests they got around to testing my BG. It
was 425. The Dr. showed up and gave me an injection of insulin and the
BG instantly went down. The disconnect between my brain and mouth went
away immediately. Since then I have had no recurrences and am taking
500 MG metformin and 1 MG glimepiride each morning. My only real issue
now is that in mid-morning I often fall as low as 50BG by about 10:00 or
11:00 in the morning. I keep testing equipment at the office so if I
feel shaky I test.
At any rate my point is that there can certainly be adverse reactions to
high BG...

James Fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment