1 2 3

Saturday, November 28, 2009

New Introduction-DM 2

A big sigh......Okay, so met with GP after blood work.

Nov. 4 Fasting BGs were 136 (at yearly physical) Urine Protein- negative

Nov. 5-12 did my own BG curves fasting ranged from 144-150 and got up as high as 190 during the day

Nov. 18 A1C was 6.5

Nov. 23 Doctor diagnosed me with diabetes 2 and put me on Metformin lowest dose (I think 500mg.)1 x day

I am about 25 lbs overweight. Symptoms have been dizziness, blurred vision, feeling hot all the time, achey, tired, mentally spacey or confused, periods of euphoria, headaches, swelling of fingers (rings tight). Are these typical of diabetes 2? Do they go away when BGs are lowered?

No excessive thirsts and no frequent urination and cuts heal fine. No numbness or tingling in fingers or toes.
But strong urine odor.

I have cut out white flour, white rice, white potatoes, excercise 30 min. walking dailey. have lost 5 lbs. since Nov. 4th. I am eating fish, chicken, green and yellow vegetables, salads, almonds, fruits (berries), soft cheeses, whole grain cereal, vitamins.

Okay, fasting BGs have come down to 116-126. Highest during day is 140.

How long does Metformin take to start working? I know that changes take time to stabilize BGs.

One day, after walking, I got the shakes. My BGs were 80. (they had been 116 before the walk) 80 is a normal healthy level, so why the shakes.

Tonight, I started feeling sick at my stomach. My BGs were 105. I ate turkey and started feeling better a couple of hours later. Checked my BGs and they were 116. Don't understand why I feel sick when they get below 116.

So my question is what is a normal level for DM 2. Why do I feel better at 116 and not good at 80-105?

Will the swelling go down in my fingers?

Will the gassiness from the Metformin go away?

Thank you for this group and for answering my questions. I know you probably get these same questions over and over. Thank you for your patience. Is there a link on the home page with basics to learn from?

I see my doctor again in one month.

Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment