1 2 3

Friday, November 20, 2009

Food choices

As I've stated, I miss pasta terribly. However, since I did Atkins a few years ago, I do know that once I commit to doing it, I am capable of quitting carbs. I won't like it, but being alive and active in 20 years is more important than spaghetti.
Here is the problem for me: I have a non-diabetic husband and take care of three grandchildren under 3 all day long so I'm used to doing a LOT of casseroles during the week, which are of course, based on rice, potatoes or pasta, or baked potatoes with broccoli and other toppings or pizza...things I can get ready while the children are napping, and then just pop in the oven at 5. What do you all cook for dinner every night?

How do you all handle this aspect without cooking two separate meals, which I really don't have time for. This was not an issue for me when I did Atkins, because we had no grandchildren and my husband was living in another state for work, so I was on my own most of the time.
Thanks for any ideas you can share :)Ethel

No comments:

Post a Comment