1 2 3

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Some suggestions about exercise

Mike, If you're already exercising once daily for 30 minutes
then adjusting your exercises should not be a problem. If you
are just getting started exercising then caution is recommended.

My favorite exercise is a brisk walk. Living in a university community
I make a point of walking as fast or faster than the young students.
A 30 minute walk lowers my BG 50 points so a snack of 15 grams of carbs is in order.

Swimming is another favorite. The great thing about swimming is it
takes nearly all the weight off your body as the water holds you up.
Swimming also gives the arms a great deal more exercise so I double the size of snack I have before swimming.

When unable to get out of doors because of horrid winter weather
I "bicycle" for 5 minutes and do 30 sit ups. "Bicycle" is a pseudo
bicycle where I lie back on the floor place my legs straight up
into the air and with my hands on my haunches pump my legs as if bicycling upside down.

Please consult with your physician before starting a new exercise routine. I know groups of Insulin Resistant (Type 2) Diabetes Managers exercise together in my community.

FYI I enjoy a large breakfast requiring 20 Units of U-100 Humalog.
My lunch has no carbohydrates and requires no insulin. Dinner
has 50 grams of carbohydrate requiring 6 Units of Humalog. My
Lantus dosage is 8 units once every 12 hours.

Best of luck,Posted by: "TimothyH"

No comments:

Post a Comment