1 2 3

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

fasting tests

I may as well jump in again to explain how I deal with fasting medical tests. They have made me sick for years with low blood sugar the main issue. Usually they want you to fast for at least 8 hours. Even if it is more, I try to set the time for the test in the mid to late afternoon. I get up early (for me), take my meds, eat a simple meal, then begin my fast. I may not take as much insulin if I don't want to take a chance on going low. If the test is at 3:00, I eat at 6:30. That way, I am awake, reading or whatever, and totally aware of my blood sugars, as I test at least twice before the test. So far, it has worked for me. Just a thought.

Don't you look forward to the day when we can just stick our finger in a machine and it can read everything that is wrong with us?

No comments:

Post a Comment