1 2 3

Monday, November 23, 2009

compare minimed with dexcom

I purchased a Dexcom 7 and had nothing but trouble with it. At night I could not shut the alarm off and it did not work with an electric blanket. The Dexcompeople were very helpful but I finally gave up. I have no experience with their Dexcom 7+. I got a MM 522 and after using it for about a year I have to say that if I were repurchasing a CGM I would again get the MM. In using theCGM's I believe that there is a lot to learn in order to get the best results from them and it takes time to do so.

From what I read about all of them, none are perfect. The MM has a lag time when climbing or diving BS occurs but what I value is having available in the one pump/CGMis the running 24 hr chart indicating whether I am stable or my BS is climbing or diving rapidly thus preventinglow's and hi's.

As for accuracy, it is very accurate when my BS is stable but not so accurate if high or low because of the lag time. Some of the newer CGM's might be moreaccurate but I don't like carrying the extra receiver plus MM will surely be coming out with improved models. I also like having the chart available so that I can fine tunemy basal rate and not have to worry about night time lows. Currently I test 4 times/ day plus If I am going to be walking my dog or shopping.. Also I get 12 days persensor with no problems.

BY Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment