1 2 3

Monday, November 30, 2009

no lights on MM transmitter

I haven't had this happen in almost a year...tonight I attached the
transmitter after letting the sensor wet for 20 min. Nothing out of the
ordinary but NO LIGHTS. I can't remember what the "no lights" thing means.
Does anyone remember? I tried re-attaching a few times. Then I recharged
the transmitter and reattached again. Nothing. So I turned the whole thing
off and willl try again in a couple of hours. Just wondering what the
lights blinking on the transmitter signifies...I can't remember.

Wendy
Mom of Alex, age 6
MM integrated CGMs since 11/08

If memory serves me correctly, the green lights signal communication between the transmitter and the sensor. Personally, I've taken to inserting a new sensor at bedtime (while the old one is still working and attached to the transmitter) because 20 minutes rarely gets all three layers of the sensor wet. Tell us whether or not you eventually got the green lights!

SM


The "no lights" happens to us occasinally. We usually start the sensor anyway and might get a couple of "weak signal" or "lost sensor" error messages, but the sensor will start working and asking for calibration after the usual two hours.

Maya

No comments:

Post a Comment