1 2 3

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Dexcom Insurance coverage for Kids??

Has anyone out there in CGMS land receiving insurance coverage for the Dexcom for a child? We have Premera (Blue Cross in Washington State) insurance, have been using the Dexcom systems for 3 years now, and have still not gotten insurance coverage yet. My daughter is 10 years old. In communicating with people who are being denied coverage, it's my understanding that Premera's policy is No Way, because Dexcom is not technically FDA approved currently for kids. (I also understand that Dexcom is seeking pediatric approval with FDA). Any experience with this?

We LOVE the Dexcom system, and will continue to pay out of pocket for it as long as necessary, and look forward to the Dexcom integration with the Animas Pump (which we are also currently using). But I am keeping my fingers crossed that there is insurance coverage in our future!

No comments:

Post a Comment