1 2 3

Friday, January 8, 2010

[Type-2-Diabetes] Digest Number 3862

Messages In This Digest (1 Message)

1.1.
Re: insurance stuff From: Diane Moro

Message

1.1.

Re: insurance stuff

Posted by: "Diane Moro" deemoro@gmail.com   signoradiana

Fri Jan 8, 2010 3:20 am (PST)



Theresa, I'm so sorry for your situation. Try your local Social Services
dept, at the very least you should be eligible for your state's Medicaid,
medical insurance for lower incomes. If you are barely meeting your rent,
I'd say you qualify, perhaps also for Food stamps. I'm in NY and I work for
Social Services and I know you would qualify here, provided you don't have a
lot of money in savings, or a very expensive car.
My heart really goes out to everyone who is losing their insurance due to
job losses and cuts in this economy.
It should not happen in this country. Somehow we haven't learned how to take
care of our own yet.
Good luck to you

~diane

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 12:04 AM, Theresa Markese <
luciousgreeneyedlady@yahoo.com> wrote:

>
>
> If there is anyone who lives in or around Covina, California I really need
> some help. This poor economy has hit home. My full time job has been cut to
> a part time job. Which now means minus 1/2 pay every month and if that is
> not bad enough, my medical insurance has been cancelled. I a freaking out!
> I am now barely making enough money to pay my rent. Is there somewhere
> around here that can help me pay for my medications? Should I look for a
> free clinic? I'm scared and I have no idea where to start.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Theresa
>
>
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Y! Groups blog

The place to go

to stay informed

on Groups news!

Yahoo! Groups

Mental Health Zone

Find support for

Mental illnesses

Group Charity

Hands On Network

Volunteering has

never been so easy

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
*** All information discussed on this list is not to be taken as medical advice but the experience of each member based on discussions with their doctors. ***

*** Please always consult with your doctor about what treatment options are best for your situation. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment