1 2 3

Saturday, January 2, 2010

[diabetes] Digest Number 9132

Messages In This Digest (3 Messages)

1a.
Re: smoothie recipes From: Anne R
1b.
Re: smoothie recipes From: Anne R
1c.
Re: smoothie recipes From: gigles_1955

Messages

1a.

Re: smoothie recipes

Posted by: "Anne R" aemr911@gmail.com   aemr911

Fri Jan 1, 2010 8:07 pm (PST)



Here is one site that was in my email inbox, you would have to modify it a
bit probably for diabetes, but it would work. The pet smoothie sounds
really good too... (you'll see)

http://www.eversave.com/recipes/RecipeSearch;jsessionid=ED651FA73232167A3FE4BE8A5E5148C7.app5?search=Smoothies

<http://www.eversave.com/recipes/RecipeSearch;jsessionid=ED651FA73232167A3FE4BE8A5E5148C7.app5?search=Smoothies>Good
Luck!
Anne

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 8:31 AM, Anne R <aemr911@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jean,
>
> I kind of make mine up as I go along. But usually I get frozen fruit at
> the grocery store to use as my main ingredient. I often add protein powder
> to mine (for the good protein and because I have non-healing wounds on my
> legs & every bit of protein helps). Then I add yogurt or milk or juice to
> make it so it will mix in the blender thing.
>
> I do have some recipes too that I can look for later if you like.
> Otherwise I would try doing a search for something like "diabetic friendly
> smoothie recipes" on google or another search engine. Or try the same
> thing on the ADA site too.
>
> Good Luck, if you want me to look up the recipes just holler...
>
> Happy New Year!!
> Anne
>
> On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 10:41 PM, gigles_1955 <fgigles55@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>
>>
>> does anyone have some smoothie recipes? thanks.
>>
>> Happy New Year to everyone. Jean
>>
>>
>>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

1b.

Re: smoothie recipes

Posted by: "Anne R" aemr911@gmail.com   aemr911

Fri Jan 1, 2010 8:08 pm (PST)



Hi Jean,

I kind of make mine up as I go along. But usually I get frozen fruit at the
grocery store to use as my main ingredient. I often add protein powder to
mine (for the good protein and because I have non-healing wounds on my legs
& every bit of protein helps). Then I add yogurt or milk or juice to make
it so it will mix in the blender thing.

I do have some recipes too that I can look for later if you like.
Otherwise I would try doing a search for something like "diabetic friendly
smoothie recipes" on google or another search engine. Or try the same
thing on the ADA site too.

Good Luck, if you want me to look up the recipes just holler...

Happy New Year!!
Anne

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 10:41 PM, gigles_1955 <fgigles55@gmail.com> wrote:

>
>
> does anyone have some smoothie recipes? thanks.
>
> Happy New Year to everyone. Jean
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

1c.

Re: smoothie recipes

Posted by: "gigles_1955" fgigles55@gmail.com   gigles_1955

Fri Jan 1, 2010 8:54 pm (PST)



Thanks Anne. I found some googling that sound pretty good. One said to add tofu for protein I think(have to reread) that the tofu has no taste. I just got a new blender for Christmas so I should be good to go...I will try one and if I need your recipes I'll let you know. My problem is I can't eat fresh fruits until cooked becasue of an oral allergy but I do remember eating frozen strawberries and they didnt bother me and I am ok with bananas..I will have to try some other frozen fruits to see how I react. My tummy is growling thinking about them,lol. take care.

p.s.
the pet one sounds so yummy. jean

--- In diabetes@yahoogroups.com, Anne R <aemr911@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Jean,
>
> I kind of make mine up as I go along. But usually I get frozen fruit at the
> grocery store to use as my main ingredient.

Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Sitebuilder

Build a web site

quickly & easily

with Sitebuilder.

Group Charity

Give a laptop

Get a laptop: One

laptop per child

Y! Groups blog

the best source

for the latest

scoop on Groups.

Need to Reply?

Click one of the "Reply" links to respond to a specific message in the Daily Digest.

Create New Topic | Visit Your Group on the Web
Diabetes homepage:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/diabetes/

To unsubscribe to this group, send an email to: diabetes-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
  Hope you come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment